- Have a direct impact on the Colleges portfolio of learning and teaching programs
- Be part of a high performing culture
- Central Melbourne location, close to public transport
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college / portfolio:
The largest business school in the Asia Pacific region, the College of Business is comprised of seven schools – six in Melbourne and one in Vietnam – delivering Business programs ranging from certificates to PhDs. Many programs articulate between vocational education and higher education, creating pathways for further study.
The Senior Advisor, Learning & Teaching Quality will see you lead and support quality and continuous improvement initiatives and projects within the College of Business. You will provide expert learning and teaching advice, along with implementation support for program and course development, improvement and quality assurance. In addition you will provide reporting and timely advice to the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching) along with other members of the College Executive Team.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in learning and teaching, and in the delivery, evaluation and quality assurance of programs and courses in a tertiary institution with local, global and online operations.
- Highly developed knowledge and skills to deliver expert learning and teaching quality advice, along with a demonstrated ability to lead, manage and evaluate the implementation of learning and teaching standards
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems creatively as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time-management skills to meet the demand of workloads and deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to advise and support staff in the interpretation and implementation of policies, benchmarks and frameworks
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a diverse team, consult, liaise and negotiate with a range of people to achieve agreed outcomes and reconcile different views.
- An undergraduate qualification in an area relevant to the position such as education, management or another relevant field.
- A postgraduate qualification in an area relevant to the position such as education, education management, management or another relevant field.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment TAE 40110 - Desirable
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri – an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume, a statement addressing the key selection criteria, and a cover letter outlining your interest for this role. For more information please contact Susan Trigg, Manager Learning and Teaching on 03 9925 1378. Please see below to view a position description.
PD Senior Advisor, Learning & Teaching Quality.pdf
Applications close Thursday 3rd October.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.